Emergency Dentist — Lawrence, KS
Smile-Saving Care When You Need It Most
Even if you’re diligent about brushing and flossing, a dental emergency can still strike when you least expect it to. If you ever find yourself needing urgent care, don’t hesitate to contact our emergency dentist in Lawrence. At Kansas Center for Sedation Dentistry, we’re ready to identify the source of the problem and administer the appropriate treatment to relieve your pain. To learn more about our smile-saving services, continue reading or give our office a call today!
Why Choose Kansas Center for Sedation Dentistry for Emergency Dental Care?
- Same-Day Emergency Appointments
- Calming Dental Sedation Offered
- Dental Insurance Welcome & Flexible Financing Available
What to Do in a Dental Emergency
- Contact our office. The sooner you give us a call, the better chance we have of saving your smile. We’ll pencil you in at your earliest convenience, likely on that very same day. Over the phone, we’ll provide first-aid instructions to help you manage your situation at home.
- Have an emergency exam. When you get to our office, we’ll conduct a detailed oral examination to identify the source of your emergency. Based on our findings, we’ll create a custom treatment plan to restore your smile.
- Get the care you need. During your appointment, we might be able to temporarily address your emergency. However, you may have to return for additional treatment. Some common services for dental emergencies include fillings, crowns, root canal therapy, or gum disease treatment.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
There are several different types of dental emergencies. While some are the result of untreated infection, others are because of accidental physical injury. Regardless of what you’re facing, our team is prepared to get your oral health back on the right track. When you give us a call, an experienced team member will share tips to handle your emergency until you get to us. However, you should still have a plan in place to deal with common situations if they ever occur. Click on the icons below and review the information to better understand how to protect your teeth and gums!
Understanding the Cost of Dental Emergencies
Every case is unique, even if two people are experiencing similar emergencies. The ideal treatment option for one person may not necessarily work for another. For that reason, it’s impossible to provide an accurate estimate for the cost of emergency dentistry in Lawrence until you come in for an exam. During your consultation, we’ll explain the pricing information and review your financing options to ensure you know exactly what to expect.
How to Prevent Dental Emergencies
Not every dental emergency is avoidable. However, there are many precautions you can take to significantly lower your chances of experiencing one. Some tips you should keep in mind include:
- Practice good oral hygiene (i.e., brush twice a day, floss daily, rinse every day with an ADA-approved mouthwash)
- Visit your dentist every six months for a checkup and cleaning
- Avoid poor dental habits (i.e., using teeth as tools, biting fingernails, smoking)
- Wear a protective mouthguard if you play sports or grind your teeth at night